Sunday, July 20, 2008

End of the Road


Well folks.... we are officially home. From Marseille, France to Dublin, Ireland to New York, then to LA. Came home to a nice home cooked meal from my mom, and now sitting on this bed ready to write my last blog on this " Road to Beijing".
It's been an unbelievable two years and I'm so glad that we took this journey. Made many new friends, made fabulous memories, went through good times and bad, went through excitements and disappointments, learned about many different cultures and people, saw many things that I thought I would never see, grew as a person, and learned a lot about myself.
Playing for the Philippines and wearing that flag on my uniform was such an honor for me.....just knowing what I am representing, not only a country, but my family, my blood, my heritage, my culture. I am and will always be proud to be a filipino, and knowing that I represented my heritage in doing something I love, I've never been any more proud!
Mabuhay and maraming salamat ulit sa inyong lahat!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope that you somehow keep this blog.....print it out, whatever.

your journey has enlightened all of us readers and I know that in years to come, this diary of sorts will be a cherished chronicle for your family and all of those around you.

Ya done good, kid!

good luck to you in all of the many positive adventures that will continue to be your life. It has been a pleasure reading this.

Aloha

Elroy Kihano said...

Good to hear you are back home.

I now have to change because it was in my routine to check your blog to find out the latest and greatest.

In the event that children may come into your life in the future, print your blogs and pictures so that one day you can share them with your own children that yes, Mom did participate in the Olympic qualification events in beach volleyball representing the Philippines.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck from Las Vegas, NV. I am a long time fan of yours and I am so proud of you, way to go girl! Get in touch ASAP.
JOIONELOVE@yahoo.com