Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Korat, Thailand

After an 8 hour flight to Tokyo aiprort, and about a hour layover, and a 6 and a half plane ride to Bangkok, and a 3 hour shuttle ride to Korat, we made it safely.
We are on our second day here, we start playing tomorrow.
Korat so far is pretty interesting, it's not a very touristy area, so there are not a lot of English speaking people, and communication is very difficult. The facilities for the athletes are very similar to the Doha Asian Games, meaning that there is an Athletes Village, shuttles to take you everywhere, and the Beach volleyball courts are in the big stadium area a lot of the other events are being held.
Tomorrow we start pool play. We have Thailand 2, Malaysia, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia in our pool. We are ranked 2nd in the pool and we play Malaysia tomorrow.
Diane and I both have our families here with us. I have my parents, my sister, Steve and our friend Wayne. Diane has her parents, her brother Drew, and her boyfriend Ryan. It's been great having them here, and kinda weird also. Diane and I are used to traveling and doing these tournaments alone, so it's nice to have them here.
Tonight are the opening ceremonies......post pictures later.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey heidi! just saw the opening ceremonies on tv. wow....those fireworks sure are great! i think i saw diane rushing towards the camera during the athletes march...not sure though...

well, good luck to both of you...com'on post some pix already!!!!

Anonymous said...

I Love the opening but I can't find you!!! :). I wish I was there but I am there in spirit...Oh B.S. I want to be there!!! I agree with Leni "MORE PICTURES PLEASE" :). I LOVE YOU AND HI TO THE FAMILY !!!!!FROM HIS MOM :).

shaddy said...

Awesome bub! Kick some boooooooooooty!!!!!!!!!!!!1