Thursday, July 12, 2007

Marseille









Okay, we are now in Marseille. Didn't have any wireless at the hostel we were staying in, so internet was limited. But the hotel that we are in now, has wireless, so i'm back to blogville. let's see, let me give you an update. After Montreal, Diane went to Alaska to visit a friend and Steve and I went back to Paris. When we landed in Paris, we went straight to the train station, with the intention of buying tickets to Pamplona for the "running of the bulls" that was going on that week. We were in line, talking to the ticketer, almost gave him our card to pay when we suddenly back down. We wanted to go, but we knew that we didn't have a hotel booked, and when we get there, hotels would be either full or charging an arm and a leg for a nights stay. So we did the spontaneous back down, and walked around the city to find a cheap hostel. Finally found one, walked into a chinese restaurant and they were renting rooms upstairs! Quaint little place, bathrooms down the hall, a little tub for a shower, and a TV with 3 channels. It was still pretty cool though...i will charge that to experience!
That night we went to the Eiffel and saw it at night, all lit up and sparkly! So beautiful!....The next day, we slept in, so tired from all the traveling, then we went to the Louvre again ( i just finished Da Vinci Code), then went to city called Montparnasse, very cute town that had a view of Paris and an immaculate church! after that we went to the Moulin Rouge, no show, just walking around...pretty much another city like the Red Light District. The next day we went to Paris Disney! So awesome! Different from Disneyland...most of the same rides but, certain aspects were different that made them really cool! Space Mountain rocked!!! there were a couple of loops in that one! Overall, i rate Disney Paris= A+. The next day, we visited Jim Morrison's grave. That was pretty unbelievable. The big headstones in this cemetery were unreal! so now here we are....3 hour train to Marseille from Paris. I see Diane tomorrow, play on Tuesday, and just found out that we made it in the qualification for Switzerland and Austria, the next 2 Grand Slams!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! Congrats on making it into the Grand Slams that's so rad!!!! You can do it Ate I believe!!!! Yeye! =) I am so jealous of you being and Paris doing all the historical things I'd like to do - it must be so great after reading the Da Vinci Code. I know that when I read it I wanted to go to Paris to the Louvre (sp?). Anyway, love you and miss you- although I wish you were here you're getting an experience of a lifetime!! ps. good thing your with a white guy over there!! ahaha are there any dark asians there? =P

shows what I know! Tell steve I miss him too - love you guys!

Heds

leaks said...

Grand slam here we come....oh not me! I miss you! Now that i'm caught up with your life which i'm so jealous because i want to travel! Anyways...I'm so proud of you and I can't wait to talk to you! Now that I know you have this I will keep in touch as much as I can. Okay...I love you and tell steve too!
Kuya eLika

p.s. you when cut your hair again? I haven't seen you for awhile so maybe you didn't

Unknown said...

congrats in making to the grand slam.
that is great!!! did you get to see the sight of the plot for the da vinchi code ? does it really exist in reality or its all just fiction>,you are becoming pro.traveler.say hi to steve.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you're having fun! can't wait to see the bazillion pictures. :-)