Saturday, July 28, 2007

Bye Bye Gstaad

Well Misty May and Kerri Walsh won the World Champs ( surprised anyone?) against China. They are an unbelievable team! Nobody took them to three sets this tourney! They are in a whole different level, amazing to watch those two!
As for us, just training and enjoying the town of Gstaad. Today, since i could not find a weight room, i decided to swim in the pool. Last time i swam laps for any sort of training, ummmm i think was in elementary school before volleyball came into my life. So I thought that i could go right in and just do like i did back then.......HA! WRONG! I could barely, barely make it one whole lap without struggling! Boy did my lungs get a workout! My lovely fiance joined me and i bet that was comical for him to see, being that he is a swimmer. He gave me good tips and helped me, and by the end i was almost getting 2 laps in without struggling. Swimming.....i love it!
Tomorrow we leave to Bern and then we take an overnighter train to Austria. Gstaad is a great little town, so far this is one of favorites!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, when are you playing in the states again? preferably somewhere on the east coast ... we're DYING to see you guys play for reals.

TeamHiDi said...

For reals?.........not in a long while, it's all international from here on out. But if anything pops up, i'll be sure to let ya'll know.

Unknown said...

love you guys
mom

Anonymous said...

Sorry haven't commented. Was At San Diego Comic-Con:) I'm poor I have no laptop haha! Funny thing is I also went swimming at the Hotel we were at. Hadn't swam in years but started doing laps thinking I'd pick up where we left off. Um..wrong also! Haha! Tried to do butterfly kicks and my back was killing me all day at the Con! Thought I was in shape with Muay Thai and Jiujitsu but swimming is a totally different animal. Haha!
N e ways you guys have been doing great and you have accomplished a lot. You have come a long way by leaps and bounds! In no time will you guys be neck and neck with the May/Walsh team. No Retreat No Surrender!