Friday, April 18, 2008

Chico/Redbluff/Taylorsville/Genesee valley

Went for a nice little road trip in our new Prius! All i have to say is that we stopped to get gas once on our drive up to Chico. We drove up to Chico for my future mother in laws 60th birthday, and Steve's sister's family came flew from Virginia to surprise her, some cousins drove from Reno, and all together we had a great time. From a chili cook off, to country dancing, to river swimming, to guitar playing, I think that she had a great birthday :)
After Chico, we drove to a little town called Taylorsville, where we met with my future father in law, and if i thought that Chico and Redbluff was a small town......boy was i wrong! Taylorsville- population 154. So awesome! Stayed way out in the sticks, where all you can hear is the sound of the wind through the trees and birds chirping. Loved it! Thanks for clearing my head :)...............................back to business.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*I* haven't even met your future father-in-law yet. hee hee.

Nicole said...

I've never been to Taylorsville, but I am almost positive that I could not live in a town that has less people than my kids' school. I'm sure it was a lot of fun too visit. It was so great to spend time with you guys last weekend!

Ms. Lori C. said...

What we lack in people population we certainly make up with Evergreen tree's, Deer & Turkey. We already miss you both. We really enjoyed our visit. We have signed paper for the 3 acres. Get your horse.
Hope your games are going well.
Ms Lori